Registered parishioners may enroll their children (K-8) in the Religious Education Program.
Children’s Faith Formation and Sacramental Preparation for Little Flower Parish
- Penance (Reconciliation) is the sacrament of God’s loving mercy by which all sins, which we commit after Baptism, are forgiven if we are truly sorry for them.
- Holy Eucharist is a sacrament of initiation. Christ strengthens us with his Body and Blood.
In order to receive First Penance (confession) and First Eucharist (communion) he/ she must be a part of the Religious Education Program for 2 consecutive years, a registered Little Flower Parishioner, and attend class and Mass weekly.
- Confirmation is a sacrament that gives us the special gift of the Holy Spirit to strengthen our Baptismal Commitments and to help us live a good, holy Christian Life. Preparation for this sacrament is 2 consecutive years.
- Year 1, the remote preparation for this sacrament begins in Grade 7.
- The immediate preparation for this Year II begins in Grade 8.
- In order to be eligible to receive this sacrament, a candidate must be a little Flower Parishioner and attend class and Mass weekly.
- Classes are held in Little Flower School on Sunday mornings from (10:15 to 11:30 am) for K-5 and on Wednesday evenings from (7:30pm to 8:45pm) for students in Grade 6, 7 and 8.
- The classes are taught by parish volunteers, some of whom are parents with children enrolled in our Religious Education Program.
- The interest and involvement of parents is the Key to its success.
Weather Policy- Inclement Weather
Please do not call the Rectory regarding Religious Education closings due to inclement weather. Call the Religious Education Office at 301-320-5233 for a recorded message or listen to the radio or tv updates. We follow the Montgomery County directives for school closings on both Wednesday evening and Sunday mornings.